Sunday, May 2, 2021

Blog Post #10: Final Blog Post

 Blog Post #10

Technology to me is something I values as an everyday necessity. Wether it be for fun like just strolling through Instagram and Tiktok or snap chatting someone or then using it for educational purposes for school, I use technology everyday. Technology has become something that is very popular and used at almost everything now a days. Whether it be checking into a doctors office, ordering at a restaurant or even using technology inside a classroom, technology has becomes something that is becoming part of our everyday lives. I first become exposed to technology after my 4th grade graduation by getting my first phone. Since then I have always thought and believed how phones are an important part of our lives. For me, getting a phone was a really big moment because I was able to talk to anyone whenever I wanted. I believe having a phone is also important because it also allows for someone if really need to call if they need help. Since getting my first phone, which wasn't anything to fancy, I have since gotten many iPhones. iPhones, are now something that almost everyone has because of how popular they are. Being able to be anywhere around the world and FaceTime someone, still amazes me. When looking at how my online presence, I believe I have a heavy one. I have many social media platforms and use them pretty often. Whether it be on Snapchat, Instagram, Tiktok, facebook or even linked inn, I seem to uses these platform at least once a day. 

When looking at my online presence, the only thing that may need editing is how much time I spend on it. I will admit that I use social media a lot. I could spend hours on end just on it scrolling post after post. There has been days I have been on Tiktok for over five hours. Although most of what I am looking at or watching is mindless stuff, I have been able to watch and find information that is actually very knowable to learn about. I believe in this generation almost everyone I know has all platforms of social media and uses them very frequently. Whether it be making plans with my friends on Snapchat or sending funny videos to someone on Tiktok, I have seen myself talking to people on social media platforms more than texting someone. 

I believe since the use have technology has become so popular, it has had many issues that have come along with it. Like the video we watched in class about the dark side of technology, they're many issues that follow it. Since people like to post everything they do on their social media thats they do, this causes other people to get fomo. Fomo has become something that is a major negative to technology because it can lead to depression. Having the feeling of being left out is something that no one wants to deal with. Another major issue of technology is the idea of people feeling insecure. Seeing how people may either have a perfect body or seem to have everything can cause people to feel about themself. This has become a more recent issue with especially girls feeling like they are not good enough. There is much more social media that is all about how one looks and what they post, there is much out their, I find very informative.

The use of technology has many pros and cons to it. Whether it be for calling for help, just talking to a friend or even using technology at the store to order something, the use has become something that is part of our everyday lives. While many pros to to the use of technology there are also cons such as people spending too much time on it and also it is now causing people to have mental health problems. Technology is something that is not gonna go away but only going to become more popular, and more part of our everyday lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #10: Final Blog Post

 Blog Post #10 Technology to me is something I values as an everyday necessity. Wether it be for fun like just strolling through Instagram a...